Business & Law Faculty
BA Business Economics
The BA (Hons) Economics degree programme prepares future professionals to use the most recent technologies and tools to critically analyse and evaluate contemporary issues in economics and business from both a theoretical and quantitative perspective. The programme focuses on developing the academic, technological and interpersonal competencies necessary to succeed in the job market.
Reasons to choose
Critically analyse knowledge of the methodology of economics and business and the interdisciplinary links in both theory and application, including alternative approaches.
Develop proficiency in a variety of quantitative techniques, and be able to accurately and effectively apply these techniques to evaluate and solve problems.
Display expertise in applying economic reasoning and tools to analyse and frame real world problems and policy, both contemporary and historical; national and international.
Apply knowledge to a range of specialised areas within economics, and critically engage with the latest research developments in these areas.
Articulate and synthesise economic and business ideas, both verbally, graphically and in written form.
Develop and apply values, skills, knowledge and behaviours that will enable them to contribute to the development of a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
- Contemporary Issues in Microeconomics
- Quantitative Methods for Business Economics
- Macroeconomics for Business
- The History of Business and Economics
- Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Microeconomics: Ethics, Policy and Practice
- Data Modelling and Analytics
- Contemporary Issues in Global Business
- Advanced Business Economics
- International Economics, Sustainability and Emerging Markets
- Behavioural Economics
- Economics Dissertation
Note: All modules are subject to change in order to keep content current.
You can qualify for exemptions and potentially gain a professional qualification at an accelerated rate from the following bodies:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- The Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- The Association of International Accountants (AIA)
The professional accounting bodies award exemptions in line with a student’s prior learning to provide the quickest possible route to qualification. A student with exemptions gains from an employability perspective. Such students are a good option to a prospective employer as the employer will not have to cover the costs of the professional examinations or provide study leave, which may disrupt the work schedule.
The number of exemptions awarded will be dependent on the programme and modules selected.
A degree in Accounting and Finance opens up a wide range of career opportunities as you develop a broad base of skills that are in great demand with employers.
You may choose to specialise in a discipline that you enjoyed studying on the programme.
Recent DMU Leicester graduates have progressed to careers in positions such as Commercial Finance Analyst at Red Bull, Auditor at KPMG, Cost Technician at PepsiCo, Tax Processor at Grant Thornton and Financial Criminal Analyst at Barclays.
Students in the final year of secondary education institutions;
Students in the final year of technical, vocational, post-secondary and higher education institutions;
Graduates from secondary, post-secondary or higher education institutions.
As part of the selection process the Admissions team will consider the following
Your Qualifications + English Language ability + Personal Statement
- Diploma of Secondary Vocational Education
- 5 GCSE/IGCSE’s at A*- E, or two GCE A levels (grades A- E), or three GCE AS levels (grades A-E)
- International Baccalaureate
- International Baccalaureate IB – a minimum of 20 points
- International Baccalaureate IB – Middle Years Programme – 28 points with a minimum grade of 3 in each component
2. English Language
We care about your success.
Having a good foundation in English that you will further develop and enhance during your studies with us will give you the confidence and skills that will set you up for success.
The standard entry requirement is IELTS 5.0 (no component below 5.0) and TOEFL iBT 35 out of 120 with each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) to be not less than 9.
3. Personal Statement
As part of the selection process we will ask you to submit a short statement in English to describe your ambitions, skills, and experience. Your personal statement supports your application to study at the university. It’s a chance for you to say why you’d like to study a particular course or subject, and what skills and experience you possess that show your passion for your chosen field. It is an opportunity for you to write about YOU!
4. Letter of Recommendation from your last education institution
You will need to provide a reference letter from your previous school or college’s teacher, counsellor, or principal.
For September 2023/24 entry, our tuition fees for full-time undergraduate local and international students are 12,500$.
We will be offering a large number of discounts and scholarships as part of our offering.
Our Admissions team are here to provide you with advice on all aspects of money matters, including tuition fees, financial help and on funding your studies.
Apply and pay your security deposit by 15th January 2023 and take advantage of the following offer:
- receive early bird discount by paying of 8% for your first year’s tuition fees
- you pay 11,500 USD
Apply and pay your security deposit by 15th May 2023 and take advantage of the following offer:
- receive early bird discount by paying of 5% for your first year’s tuition fees
- you pay 11,875 USD
Your tuition fee is fixed at 12,500 USD for the remaining 3 years of study
- no fee increases!
Apply and pay full payment in advance and take and advantage of the following offers:
- 5% discount by paying for 1 year in advance
- 7% discount by paying for 2 years in advance
- 8% discount by paying for 3 years in advance
- 10% discount by paying for 4 years in advance
You must be the sibling, spouse or child of someone who is either currently studying on, or has graduated from, a full-time course here at DMU Kazakhstan. That relative must also be (or have been) classified as a local or international student.
Siblings: you and your sibling can have one or both parents in common.
Children/parents: you can be related by blood or by marriage.
Spouses: You can become eligible for this discount by marrying someone who is currently studying at the University.
We are proud to offer a range of income based and merit-based full and partial scholarships that will enable the most promising and talented young students from across the region to join our leading innovative university, despite financial adversity or economic hardship.
Early bird 2023 discount
Contact our Admissions team for further details on funding.