- In bound and out bound flight
- Monthly accommodation allowance
- Subsidised travel allowance
- Private health insurance
This is an exciting opportunity to join De Montfort University, Kazakhstan (DMUK)- the first international branch campus of a leading UK university in Kazakhstan, delivering programmes in Business and Law, IT and Design, leading to the award of a prestigious UK degree.
DMUK opened its doors in September 2021 and promises to be an ambitious, globally-minded institution with a focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a sector-leading student experience.
A culturally rich university with a commitment to the public good, we will strive to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. The university will be a vibrant, multicultural hub of learning, creativity and innovation that never surrenders to convention.
Our goal is to become a leading careers-focused, enterprising university in Kazakhstan, one which both prepares our students for the jobs of the future and provides the innovation to drive that future sustainably and inclusively. We are therefore recruiting energetic, dynamic individuals who enjoy challenges who will embrace the University’s and together as a strong and progressive team will help shape DMUK’s future direction and success.
We are seeking to appoint a design educator/practitioner/academic to teach on our new degree programme of Graphic Design. Here the successful candidate will plan, deliver and evaluate classroom and teaching sessions. The ideal candidate will be able to evidence a multi-disciplinary background, evidencing substantial expertise in teaching Graphic Design and/or Illustration subjects. An emphasis on strong digital skills, for teaching new media across emerging design and media platforms, alongside strong traditional drawing skills would be desirable.
The successful applicants will be a highly skilled teachers, with the ability to motivate, inspire and engage with students in creative and innovative ways, both within and outside the classroom.
As Lecturer, you will:
- manage own teaching, scholarly, research and administrative activities
- Contribute to the development of the curriculum in the area of graphic design, and convene and teach appropriate modules
- Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking about visual communication
- Develop, present lectures, organise seminars and supervise and tutor student projects
- Make additional contributions, as required, to undergraduate and, in due course, postgraduate teaching and supervision
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- a Masters/ Bachelors in Design (or a closely associated field) or equivalent professional/creative experience
- experience of teaching
- Graphic design experience, presentation skills and knowledge of current and emerging software relevant to design and visual communication
- the ability to organise and enthuse a design studio
Any other duties:
- To comply with all relevant University policies and procedures.
- In the context of University and personal development to carry out any other duties that are commensurate with the role.
- Seek out new opportunities and models which will significantly increase institutional capacity and capability for academic development.
- To assist with other administrative duties within the University if required.
- To attend University Open Days and external corporate meetings and events.