Responsible to: Head of Business and Law
Liaises with: Academic staff teams, Centre for English Language Learners and Student Support Services
DMU KAZAKHSTAN Business and Law School is recruiting faculty to support the delivery and development of programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with a keen sense of the corporate context, who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education. For this role, we are interested in hearing from practitioners and/or experienced academics who can teach a range of business management related modules on our Masters and Bachelors programmes (e.g. Business and Marketing, Accounting and Finance, Business Law, Economics and International Relations, Finance and Investment).
The role of the faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high-quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate industry. Lecturers must have significant professional experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
As well as teaching, our faculty staff undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online).
- Support the Academic Director with curriculum related areas and support liaison with the partner UK university upholding and ensuring the same level of rigour, high standards and quality.
- Contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate teaching.
- Contribute to the effective use of learning technologies to support and enhance course delivery, course organisation, feedback and assessment. This may involve blended and/or online provision including the use of Moodle and other ICT materials.
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate industry, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Participate in a range of course administration duties, within required timescales, including effective communication of information, marking, assessment and timeous constructive feedback.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Support and contribute to the marketing of courses and the marketing activities of the university
- Manage cohorts of students through virtual learning environments.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in a business-related subject
- Masters degree in a business-related area
- Professional teaching qualification or working towards one
- PhD or equivalent
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- have several years’ industrial, or other equivalent, experience of a special area;
- have well-documented teaching expertise;
- have a sound ability to lead teaching and develop courses and study programmes;
- demonstrate documented teaching expertise;
- have taken a course in teaching and learning in higher education or have acquired
- equivalent knowledge in some other way and undertake to take a course in teaching and learning in higher education during their first two years of employment
- Commitment to DMU KAZAKHSTAN ’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Accommodation allowance
- One annual return flight
- Private health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
For an informal discussion, please contact Ainur Issayeva, Head of HR email@example.com
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org