Salary: Competitive Remuneration, Benefits and Conditions:
- Competitive salary depending on experience (tax rate only 10%)
- Accommodation allowance paid monthly
- Paid flight on arrival and return flight at end of contract
- Annual flight allowance
- 56 days’ paid leave per year plus public holidays
- Private healthcare
- Staff development opportunities
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job description and role profile – ESP and IELTS trainer
An enthusiastic, experienced and self-directed ESP and IELTS trainer required to join De Montfort University Kazakhstan. The successful candidate will drive the development of our new Centre for English Language Learning (CELL) at the AIFC Court and IAC in Astana. The Centre will provide high quality English language support for the legal and financial sector, primarily focused on business English and ESP courses (English for law and English for finance) as well as IELTS preparation courses.
The roles and main responsibilities include:
- Managing the training room and office of the CELL
- Teaching ESP and IELTS preparation classes
- Developing the business and securing new corporate contracts
- Coordinating and supporting local hourly paid teachers
- Maintaining relationships and coordinating with the AIFC Court and IAC
- Coordinating assessment services with the British Council
- Representing De Montfort University Kazakhstan in Astana
- Contributing to DMUK marketing and admissions events
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of teaching ESP, Business English and IELTS preparation courses (essential)
- Experience securing, designing and delivering corporate English contracts (essential)
- Experience of managing a small team of teachers, including mentoring and QA (desirable)
- Experience of examining IELTS (essential)
- Minimum CELTA (or equivalent), preferably DELTA and/or relevant MA.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, but to be a positive team member (essential)
The appointees will be expected to:
- Undertake teaching of ESP, Business English and IELTS preparation classes. This will inevitably involve flexible working hours with classes offered in the evenings and on Saturdays (there is a Sunday/Monday weekend).
- Manage all the teaching activities at the CELL, including the training room, facilities, teaching and learning materials and resources.
- Coordinate with a locally appointed administrator, as well as the DMUK finance and legal team, to manage the contracts and finances of the CELL.
- Manage a small team of hourly paid local teachers, managing the timetable and ensuring quality standards in teaching and learning.
- Engage with the local business community to secure corporate contracts.
- Promote and sell the Business English and IELTS preparation classes, and develop the business in relation to local needs.
- Ensure positive and productive relations with the AIFC court and IAC, including regular comms and updates to the relevant stakeholders and taking part in their promotional events.
- Work in partnership with the British Council examinations team Kazakhstan to provide appropriate assessment for all courses and contracts.
- Maintain regular contact with the Director of the Centre for English Language Learning (your LM), providing regular updates and reports and agreeing strategy and business development.
- Take part in De Montfort University Kazakhstan admissions and promotions activities, including student enrolment, recruitment and induction, and to be an advocate for DMUK in Astana.
- To undertake external networking, e.g. with the local business community, schools, colleges, professional bodies and /or with the wider academic community.
- To participate in cross university and promotional activities including open days, and school visits.
- Undertake all mandatory and advised training and development as required.
This job description reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the post. However, the post holder may be required to fulfil other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the level of the posts from time to time.
Your application should demonstrate the ability to teach on, and make a leading contribution to, the range of programmes offered by the DMUK Centre for English Language Learning (CELL).
DMUK is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education. The role at DMUK will be based on-site at our new Centre for English Language Learning in Astana. This is a not a remote role.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to discuss this post, please contact Zarina Mussabekova, Head of HR firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the post, please send your CV to email@example.com