De Montfort University Kazakhstan
|Location:||Almaty – Kazakhstan|
Salary: Competitive Remuneration, Benefits and Conditions:
- Competitive salary depending on experience (tax rate only 10%)
- Accommodation allowance paid monthly
- Paid flight on arrival and return flight at end of contract
- 56 calendar days paid leave per year plus public holidays
- Medical insurance
- Staff development opportunities
The appointees will be expected to:
- Undertake teaching and assessment predominantly on the International Year Zero (IYZ) Foundation year programme, preparing students for their undergraduate studies on one of three pathway programmes.
- Contribute to teaching on a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and distance/blended distance learning modules in EAP/ESP subjects.
- Contribute to developing existing modules and programmes, identifying and proposing areas for improvement, to ensure that modules continue to be student focused, innovative, of high quality and embed the most up-to-date, relevant research and scholarship.
- Work in a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues, offering support, innovation and creativity to enhance the effectiveness of the programmes and ensuring effective module delivery.
- Apply creative and innovative means of embedding and delivering activities, academic research and opportunities within modules, designed to enhance the students’ international awareness, employability and the quality of the student experience.
- Explore and implement ways of providing students with an assessed global travel opportunity as an integral part of the teaching and learning experience.
- Develop and disseminate high quality teaching and learning materials using a range of formats including the virtual learning environment.
- Contribute to the effective assessment of student learning, providing timely, high quality and developmental feedback.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues to undertake academic roles such as internal moderation, second marking and shared delivery.
- Act as personal tutor to a designated group of students and assist them in reviewing their personal and academic development and their career planning.
- Contribute to the development of the subject area and related programmes of study in the Centre for English Language Learning.
- Carry out relevant administrative duties associated with the post, for example with matters related to student recruitment, enrolment, induction, teaching and assessment.
- To participate fully in the University’s Quality Assurance processes relating to the design and delivery of teaching programmes, including classroom observation.
- Undertake all mandatory and advised training and development as required.
- To undertake external networking, e.g. with the local business community, schools, colleges, professional bodies and /or with the wider academic community via activities such as presenting at local conferences, joint research projects and external examining.
- To participate in cross university and promotional activities including open days, and school visits.
This job description reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the posts. However, the post holders may be required to fulfil other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the level of the posts from time to time.
ABOUT DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY KAZAKHSTAN
De Montfort University Kazakhstan (DMUK) is the first university to be fully licensed by the Government of Kazakhstan to offer UK qualifications in the country. Graduates of DMUK are awarded degrees from De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. The University offers a truly international experience for students through its UK curriculum and its employment of a high number of international academic staff. In addition, the University emphasises quality teaching and scholarship, a supportive and vibrant student environment and a focus on the skills and experience needed by graduates to accelerate their careers and get ahead in the competitive job market.
The successful candidates will contribute to the planning, development and delivery of high quality programmes, as well as inspiring and inclusive learning opportunities for students to help them achieve their learning goals.
In addition, you will also contribute to innovation and quality enhancement in Learning and Teaching, as well as support the needs of the Department through taking responsibility for programme-related administration and monitoring.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Extensive EAP experience teaching on Foundation, Undergraduate and or Postgraduate programmes.
- Track record of creating successful learning outcomes for students.
- Sound understanding of UK Higher Education academic culture and the challenges faced by international students studying in this academic culture for the first time.
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively within a team.
- Postgraduate qualification or professional qualification of a commensurate level.
Your application should demonstrate the ability to teach on, and make a quality contribution to, the range of programmes offered by the DMUK Centre for English Language Learning (CELL) at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
DMUK is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education. Unless stated otherwise, all roles at DMUK will be based on-site at our Almaty Campus. This is a not a remote role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org