Technology and computer systems are becoming ever more integrated with our day-to-day lives, meaning the protection of all the data and information they contain is paramount.
With many organisations and businesses now considering the protection of online information a critical business issue, there’s an increased focus and demand on the role of cyber security.
The specialist techniques taught as part of this course will help prepare you for a career in a rapidly growing industry which is currently faced with a shortage of skills.
DMU Leicester graduates have progressed into careers in industry, government and law enforcement, as security analysts, penetration testers, forensic investigators and cyber security engineers, at organisations such as Deloitte, Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), Airbus, and Rolls-Royce.
- DMU Leicester has been named a gold standard ‘Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Education’ by the leading authority on cyber security in the UK, the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) - part of GCHQ. DMU Leicester is the first university in the East Midlands to achieve this prestigious status.
- This course is taught by experts who have an international reputation in computer security and digital forensics, influencing the approach taken by the UK government and leading organisations.
- Study modules on cryptography, penetration testing and professionalism in forensics and security.
- Benefit from specialist forensic and security laboratories, fitted with customised PCs configured with multiple operating systems, virtualisation and removable hard drives.
- DMU Leicester Global programme offers students the opportunity to have a valuable international experience as part of their studies. DMU Leicester Cyber Security students recently gained insights into San Francisco’s tech industry, while others put their skills to the test at New York’s Spyscape museum.
- DMU Leicester has been recognised for conducting world-leading cyber security research, having been named the East Midlands’ first ‘Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research’.